We’ve made some important changes to our ‘Get a Cabin Crew Job’ training course and wanted to share the exciting news with you!
Don’t worry, the course was AWESOME before, and now it’s even better!!
One of the things we heard LOUD and CLEAR after our 2 day course in November was…it’s the trainers who made all the difference. Michele and Andy did a phenomenal job of making our students feel supported, valued, encouraged, informed and inspired. And that was just during the breaks!!
But, there simply wasn’t enough time to focus on some of the parts you would have loved more of.
So it got us thinking- why lose out on essentials such as hands-on aviation medicine techniques and in-depth discussions on real-life on-board scenarios, just for the sake of a quick go down the evacuation slide? For you to have the experience of sitting on real aircraft seats (which I think most of us have already done anyway!) we were having to compromise on the amount of time spent on giving you the information which REALLY counts. It just didn’t make any sense.
So, we have made some changes. And everyone who we’ve spoken to is really pleased with them!
The course will now be entirely run by OUR trainers at OUR venues. This makes a difference because we aren’t tied to delivering what other companies want to teach you (which we did when day 1 was run by someone else). We get to teach you what we know you need and what you tell us you want. And best of all, it will be informal, comfortable and easy, as you will all be in the same hotel together for two days, with no need to travel between different training sites. (This makes the evening socialising A LOT easier!)
Of course, if you still want the fun of jumping down the evacuation slide and hopping into an emergency raft, you absolutely still can. We will be running Safety & Emergency Procedure days at British Airways HQ, Heathrow a couple of times a year. Simply contact us here to let us know you are interested and when we have dates we will let you know by email (and text message if you send us your mobile phone number).
But if what you are looking for is a much more practical insight into a) what the role is really like b) the lifestyle and its impacts c) real life scenarios (emergency and every day) and d) how to make sure you are 100% prepared so you will be offered a job, then we have a MUCH better option for you.
“In just ONE weekend you could very well be spring-boarded into a whole new career. You’ll certainly have the insights & new set of skills to do so, and we will do everything we can to make the job we love a reality for you too” Michele, Cabin Crew Wings Trainer
“This course is the perfect stepping stone to get you into an industry which will give you a wealth of travel opportunities and incredible new life experiences. It’s honestly not to be missed!” Andy, Cabin Crew Wings Trainer
“Please don’t commit to months at college until you’ve come to us first. After 2 days with our cabin crew experts (who are also college course lecturers) you won’t need anything else to get you applying for cabin crew jobs!” Hannah, Work Psychologist
On the 2 days, we will cover:
- An introduction into airline life and the specific knowledge you will need about the industry and aircraft
- Drills and procedures for standard and emergency use, including a low visibility infant find
- Aviation first aid– you’ll leave with the basic skills you would need to save a life plus an insight into likely (and unlikely!) medical scenarios
- Making passenger announcements (routine and emergency) using the PA system and giving a safety demo
- Delivering an in-flight snack lunch service, using real equipment
- Learning about service routines and gaining important customer service know-how
- Exploring real life scenarios with our experienced crew trainers, from planned to unplanned emergencies to difficult passengers and pilot incapacitation.
- Learning what it’s really like behind the scenes with different airlines, and how to decide which routes and aircraft might be best for you
- The opportunity to get candid answers on lifestyle and travel, and how to get the most out of this unique career
- The do’s and don’ts of your Cabin Crew CV – (bring in your CV so you can check yours as we go through the session)
- Interviews – how to prepare your answers (and yourself!) and practice in small groups
- Practice sessions on a range of customer service and passenger scenarios
- A mock selection day with group exercises, roleplays and presentations- have a go at these in a supportive environment so you are totally prepared for the real thing
- Psychometric tests– what they are and how to get through them
- Invaluable, constructive feedback from our training team to help you get the very most out of the day and how you come across
- Latest vacancies from a wide range of national and international airlines
Throughout the 2 days there will be plenty of time to ask questions and have informal discussions with your trainer and in small groups with people who will very quickly feel like friends.