Want to get the advantage over your competition?
Cabin Crew Wings is here to help you. We’ve got a fab online course to help you kickstart your Cabin Crew career – plus a great selection of eBooks packed to the brim with top tips.
London Heathrow (Mixed Fleet) – Long & Short Haul
London Gatwick (Gatwick Fleet) – Long & Short Haul
London City Airport (BA CityFlyer) – Short Haul
London Gatwick (BA EuroFlyer) – Short Haul
International cabin crew are recruited locally and requirements may differ.
Cabin Crew Requirements:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be between 5’2” (1.575m) and 6’2” (1.87m) tall, with weight in proportion to your height.
- Have a vertical function reach of at least 2.01m (6’7).
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Customer service experience is desirable.
- Hold a valid passport (with a minimum of 12 months before expiry date) with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK and which allows unrestricted global travel.
- You must be eligible to acquire a US Visa.
- To provide satisfactory references for the last 5 years and to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
- Be able to obtain and keep an airside pass.
- Be able to work shifts covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for your entire career.
- Conduct stand-by duties close to your airport base.
- Have no visible tattoos or body piercings.
- Be able to swim 50m (55 yards).
- Be able to tread water for 3 minutes and have the strength to pull your own body weight out of the water and into a life raft.
- Be medically and physically fit to meet regulatory and role requirements (if successful, you will be required to attend BA Health Service Medical Assessment).
- Be able to kneel astride a person within space restriction of 46cm to perform CPR.
- Be capable of lifting 9kg weight from a height of 195 cm, and of pulling an 86kg trolley up an incline of 3 degrees.
- Be able to fit into an aircraft jump seat harness without using a seatbelt extension.
- Not be scared of heights.
- Be willing to remove any headwear to put on emergency smoke hood.
- Have emotional resilience
- Show exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrate confident decision-making and effective time management
Up to £25,000-£28,000 per annum (for Heathrow base). BA CityFlyer/ EuroFlyer salary and benefits package may vary. International cabin crew salaries may differ.
- Bonuses awarded on performance and commission for inflight retail sales.
- Annual leave starts at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
- Preference bidding (you can bid for certain destinations and state if you would prefer long or shortfall flying) but nothing is guaranteed and you will always have to do both long and short haul as it is in your contract.
- Investment in ongoing training and development (Great to further your career prospects with a very reputable airline)
- Attractive travel concessions across an extensive network and other airlines
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Contributory company pension scheme (worth having)!
- Life insurance
- Subsidised staff restaurants (and often worldwide restaurants with your employee ID card)
- Secure car parking close to Terminal 5 (whilst operating only as crew)
- Free airport parking at Heathrow whilst on holiday
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores (on presentation of your staff ID pass)
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow which includes our
state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre
CEO & Chairman: Sean Doyle (since October 2020)
Frequent-flyer program: Executive Club
Company slogan: To Fly. To Serve.
2022 Turnover: £11 billion
Fleet Size: 280+ (including the A380-800 and Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner)