Want to get the advantage over your competition?
Increase your chances of becoming Cabin Crew by attending our unique course. In two days you will learn what it takes to be Cabin Crew, how to excel as a candidate and how to show you are exactly what they are looking for. Click here to find out how you can join us.
British Airways operates one of the largest and the most modern fleets of any airline in the world, and in 2016 was voted favourite airline in the Travel Weekly Globe awards.
London Heathrow (Mixed Fleet) – Long & Short Haul
London Gatwick (Gatwick Fleet) – Long & Short Haul
Cabin Crew Requirements:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be between 5’2” (1.575m) and 6’1” (1.85m) tall, with weight in proportion to your height.
- Have a vertical function reach of at least 2.01m (6’7).
- Have 3 GCSE’s at Grade C or above or the equivalent (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking).
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Desirable in customer service experience.
- Hold a valid passport (with a minimum of 12 months before expiry date) with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK and which allows unrestricted global travel.
- You must be able to acquire a US Visa.
- To provide satisfactory references for the last 5 years and to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
- Be able to obtain and keep an airside pass.
- Be able to work shifts covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for the entire career.
- Conduct stand-by duties close to your airport base.
- Have no visible tattoos or body piercing.
- Able to swim 50m (55 yards).
Between £21,000 & £25,000 per annum. This comprises of a starting salary of £12,192 per annum then an hourly payment when you are flying.
- Bonuses awarded on performance and commission for inflight retail sales.
- Annual leave starts at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
- Preference bidding (you can bid for certain destinations and state if you would prefer long or shortfall flying) but nothing is guaranteed and you will always have to do both long and short haul as it is in your contract.
- Investment in ongoing training and development (Great to further your career prospects with a very reputable airline)
- Attractive travel concessions across an extensive network and other airlines
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Contributory company pension scheme (worth having)!
- Life insurance
- Subsidised staff restaurants (and often worldwide restaurants with your employee ID card)
- Julien MacDonald designer uniform
- Secure car parking close to Terminal 5 (whilst operating only as crew)
- Free airport parking at Heathrow whilst on holiday
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores (on presentation of your staff ID pass)
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow which includes our
state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre
CEO & Chairman: Alex Crux (started in April 2016)
Frequent-flyer program: Executive Club
Company slogan: To Fly. To Serve.
2015 Turnover: £11,333 million
Fleet Size: 283 (including the A380-800 and Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner)