The main reasons for the popularity of e-learning are:
- You can access the course from anywhere in the world.
- You can access the coursework and materials at times that suit you
- You can work through the course modules at your own pace.
- With the online Facebook groups set up for courses you can get support from students around the world
- Interacting online can be easier for some than a ‘formal’ classroom setting. – it’s much easier to ask tutors questions and join in the group discussions online.
- You can get feedback and results straight away.
E-learning can be a much more creative and interactive learning experience for you, where you’ll be working with more interesting and varied materials than you would in a traditional ‘classroom’ setting.
Your learning speed will usually be much faster because of this also!
How does this relate to getting a Cabin Crew position?
For every position advertised there is a lot of competition. The best applicants will do everything they can to gain an edge over their fellow candidates.
Doing things like getting relatable work experience are still important too. But an online course may be something not everyone has thought about, and could prove to be your trump card!
Through an e-learning course you can learn the things you really need to know about as cabin crew and show your commitment to the career and enthusiasm for the role.
As the courses are frequently updated you can be confident that your knowledge is up to date too.
Online courses can also give great guidance on how to develop personal key skills to help you excel at your role, and how to make the absolute best of your application form.
These are things that are often overlooked, yet can give you a huge advantage in your application!
Are there disadvantages to e-learning?
A disadvantage for some can be the lack of face-to-face interaction with tutors and other students.
The best way around this is to ‘jump in’ to the online groups, and interact as much as possible:
- Respond to other students who post queries
- Don’t be afraid to post your own questions!
- Offer your own experiences and advice
This will help you to build an online ‘presence’ in the group, and allow you to get to ‘virtually’ know students studying on the same course.
Is e-learning the right method for you?
Only you can decide if you feel you would get more from a face-to-face course or through working at your own pace through targeted online modules.
It really boils down to personal choice and which type of environment you prefer!
Positive results have been repeatedly reported for e-learning however. Many students find that that they retain more information, gain more confidence and have a better understanding of the coursework than in classroom based settings.
The ideal solution for a global profession?
When you think about how unpredictable, hectic and varied a day in the life of cabin crew can be it makes sense that the best learning tools would be flexible and accessible worldwide!
We think that e-learning is the perfect fit for potential cabin crew!