jetBlue Cabin Crew Requirements
Want to get the advantage over your competition?
Make sure your dream airline will recruit you by attending our Cabin Crew Course.
In two days you will learn what it takes to be Cabin Crew, how to excel as a candidate and how to show you are exactly what they are looking for. Click here to find out how you can join us.
The low-cost jetBlue are the sixth largest airline in the United States, with headquarters based in New York.
The airline operate over 1000 flights per day, on domestic and international routes. These cover the United States, Mexico, the Carribbean and Central and South America.
‘You Above All’
Brewster Building, Long Island City, NYC
John F. Kennedy International Airport, NYC, Fort Lauderdale
Cabin Crew Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of 20 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work and live in the US
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a full medical, including sight and hearing tests.
- Must be able to complete a 10 year background check, and a pre-employment drug test
- Must have a reach of 6ft 3 inches.
- Must have good level of health and fitness
- Should have weight in proportion to height
- Must be able to swim 50 metres.
- Must have impeccable grooming standards
- Must be flexible and adaptable, with a commitment to excellent service
- Must speak fluent English, a knowledge of Spanish or another language is desirable
Starting target salary of approximately $22,000.
- Staff travel opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- 401k plan
- Staff Discount Programme
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive insurance scheme and medical coverage
- Security of working for a financially stable airline.
- Post employment training and development opportunities
Most Common Recruitment Methods:
Assessment Day, Recruitment Day, Face to Face Interview.
Founders: David Neeleman
CEO: Robin Hayes
Frequent Flyer Programme: True Blue
2017 Turnover: $7.015 billion
Fleet Size: 253
“To bring humanity back to air travel.”
Alliances and Partnerships:
- jetBlue are not members of any airline alliances, but codeshare with 21 airlines including the members of the SkyTeam, Star Alliance and Oneworld groups.
Facts about jetBlue…
The airline has various partnerships with sports teams and venues – they are the official airline of the New York Jets, and had an Airbus A320 painted in a livery based on the Boston Red Sox uniform for the team’s 100th anniversary.
jetBlue have a playful attitude to their competitors, commenting satirically on what they feel to be unacceptable levels of passenger comfort or customer service in their advertising.
The airline were one of the first to be granted a licence to operate charter flights to Cuba in 2015, with a weekly service departing from New York.
Keep an eye on our Jobs Board for all the latest Cabin Crew Vacancies!
Download our FREE 7-step CV guide designed to transform your CV and land you that dream Cabin Crew job!
If you’re worried about the cabin crew selection process or interview take a look at our Cabin Crew eBook Workbooks – your ultimate guides to being prepared and standing out during the recruitment process for any airline!